- YUKON Night Vision Ranger Digital 5x42
- Rugged Rubber Armor (tm) construction
- Sensor type: CCD Digital NV
- CCD resolution: 510 x 492 pixels
- Magnification: 5X
- Lens diameter: 42 mm
- Field of view: 4 degrees
- Resolution (typical): 40 lines per millimeter
- Focus range: 5 meters to infinity
- Eye relief: 12 millimeters
- Diopter adjustment: +/- 4
- Detection distance: up to 150 m
- IR wavelength: 940 nanometers
- IR power: 400 mW
- IR illuminator effective distance: up to 200 m
- Power supply: 6 X AA batteries
- Video output signal standard: EIA (NTSC compatible)
- Estimated battery life (without IR): up to 10 hours
- Operating temperature: -20 to +40 degrees Celcius
- Dimensions: 17 x 11.6 x 7.6 cm
- Weight: 650 gr
- Tripod socket: 1/4 inch
The Yukon Ranger 5x42 is a fundamentally new night vision device with a number of unique advantageous features that came as a result of modern optical and digital technologies. Being quite different from the Gen.1 devices, Ranger 5x42 can surely compete with the Gen.2 in image sharpness and brightness.
The device’s IR-illuminator operates in the remote field of the IR-range (940nm), invisible by the unaided eye and has a gradual power intensity adjustment function and memorization of a fixed emanation level.
The Ranger 5x42 is fully self-contained (powered with six AA batteries) but can also operate on external sources.
With the adjustment wheel on the front panel one can choose the suitable brightness level of the display.
For image broadcasting to the screen and video recording the device is equipped with a video out.
For stationary prolonged observation and video recording it is advisable to mount the device on a standard tripod that uses 1/4 inch mounting thread.