- Midland G18 PMR446
- IP67 certified waterproof and dustproof
- Output power: 50 mW
- 8 PMR + 91 preset channels
- Selective calling 50 CTCSS tones + 105 DCS codes
- VOX voice operated control for hands free operation
- FM radio feature
- Compander (programmable with optional PRG-G15)
- Voice tune for easy use
- Channel Scanning
- Monitor function
- Scrambler function
- Up to 19 hours operating time
- Battery save setting
- Dimensions: 113 X 56 X 38 mm
- Weight: 240 gr including battery
- Package contains the G18, desktop and wall charger, 1600mAh Li-ion re-chargeable battery pack, belt clip
The G18 is Midland's top of the range professional style UHF licence free (PMR446) handheld radio. Solidly built with an Aluminium Die cast chassis, the Midland G18 is also waterproof and dustproof to IP67 rating. This means the radio can be immersed in water up to 1m depth for a maximum of 30 minutes.
The G18 Comes with a large Display LCD for channel selection and radio functions.
The scrambler function can provide you with private conversations, and vocal tuning offers announcements of the channel or function that was just selected, for ease of use. The G18 also offers Scan and VOX functions, and features 99 channels - 8 PMR446 channels and 91 pre-set. It also has 50 CTCSS tones and 105 DCS codes. Additional features include a multifunction key, roger beep, battery save setting, monitor and squelch.
The Midland G18 is supplied with a high capacity, 1600mAh Lithium Ion battery pack, which can provide up to 19 hours operating time.
With additional programming software (sold separately), you are also able to programme the compander function and activate the FM radio, as well as increasing the performance of your radio by enabling or disabling CTCSS, DCS, TOT, VOX etc.
It accepts 2 pin Motorola/Kenwood type accessories, such as headsets and external microphones.